What are the best things to do in Cremona Italy? – Cremona is the city of the Stradivari violin, the city of the nougat and the city with the beautiful Piazza Duomo which hosts the Torrazzo, the true symbol of the city. But Cremona is much more. So what to do in Cremona? What is there to know about this city? Let’s see it together!
Table of Contents
What are the best things to do in Cremona Italy?
Here our Top 3 of the best things to do and see in Cremona:
- Piazza Duomo
- The bell tower Il Torrazzo
- Violin museum
All these 3 attractions are very close to one another, and you can easily reach them on foot. You can park the car close to the Violin Museum and then go on foot to Duomo square, where you can also find the bell tower Il Torrazzo.
Here is the location of the splendid main square of Cremona, Piazza Duomo: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Z19xfjfebHN151eG9.
Piazza Duomo is in the pedestrian area, and you can’t arrive at this square with the car but only on foot.
The bell tower Il Torrazzo
Il Torrazzo is located in Piazza Duomo, in the pedestrian area, and you can’t arrive at this square with a car but only on foot.
The Torrazzo is placed next to the cathedral and is the bell tower symbol of Cremona. It is one of Europe’s tallest medieval brick bell towers & vertical museum. 112.54 meters high, a staircase of 502 steps runs through the cavity.
Cremona is very famous for the Stradivari violin. The museum has extraordinary collectible violins, some of which are unique pieces.
Here is the location of Violin Museum: https://maps.app.goo.gl/UgkjjMfLUBXMNoLe8.
You can arrive at the museum also by car and you can find parking nearby.
What to do in Cremona Italy in one day?
Vista la vicinanza di Piazza Duomo al Museo del Violino sicuramente in un giorno puoi vedere sia la Piazza Principale di Cremona salendo anche sul Torrazzo ed il Museo del Violino.
Cremona Italy things to do nearby
Near Cremona, there are several things to see. Here are some places to see near Cremona:
- Crema is just 30 minutes by car from Cremona or easily reachable by direct train from Cremona to Crema. See the following post: Top 10 things to do in Crema Italy and nearby.
- Soncino is about 40 minutes drive from Cremona. In Soncino, there is a beautiful fortress and the Printers’ House/Museum, where the first Bible in Italy was printed. To find out more about Soncino go to the following post: Soncino Castle & Top Things to do in Soncino Italy
- Cremona is less than 1 hour’s drive from the southern area of Lake Garda. You can therefore visit beautiful locations both from a natural point of view and from a historical and archaeological point of view such as Desenzano del Garda and Sirmione.
- Desenzano del Garda. For Desenzano del Garda see the following post: Things to do in Desenzano del Garda Lake Garda Italy
- Sirmione. For Sirmione see the following post: Things to do in Sirmione Italy Lake Garda: 1 Amazing Town!
Other contents related to the subject “What are the best things to do in Cremona Italy?”
Have you already Subscribed to our YouTube Channel?
Post related to the following subject “What are the best things to do in Cremona Italy?”
- Best Top 10 Milan things to do
- Soncino Castle & Top Things to do in Soncino Italy
- What are the best things to do in Cremona Italy?
Pinterest Board “Cremona Italy”