One day in Venice. 1 Amazing and unforgettable city!
One day in Venice – What should I do on my first day in Venice? Venice is on the water so the best way to visit Venice is by boat. Visiting Venice by boat gives you three advantages:
- a better view of the City
- you move faster
- you don’t get too tired and you can visit more.
One day in Venice
The first thing you should do in Venice is buy the ticket for the boat “vaporetto”. You can find a ticket office in front of the train station. Do you remember I told you the best way to arrive in Venice is by train?
You can see the ticket office in the picture. Take your daily ticket for the number of days you are in Venice and go to your hotel or start your tour. In Venice there are many Vaporetto stops you can take to enjoy a good tour.
In your first day in Venice you should go:
- San Marco Square
- Rialto Bridge
Piazza San Marco Venice
What to do: Go around the square and visit the basilica.
What not to do:
- don’t take a coffee in a bar because it’s expensive.
- Ducal Palace: the palace is beautiful but a lot of time is needed to visit the palace. It’s better if you do it another day.
Ponte di Rialto
What to do:
- Take pictures: you can’t go back home without a Rialto Bridge picture.
- Buy what you need: a supermarket is on one side of the Rialto Bridge. It’s a good shop to buy water or what you need.
- Have your dinner. In this area, you can find good restaurants at a good price.
Finish your day with a night tour on your boat “vaporetto”.
Have you already Subscribed to our YouTube Channel? Subscribe here!
One day in Venice – Related Posts:
- 2 days in Venice: how to get to Murano and Burano
- What is the best time of year to travel to Venice Italy
- 1 day in Florence visit Florence in a day